Every section in the IELTS has been designed to follow an adequate pattern of analyzing and understanding of different questions. The pattern of IELTS exam questions has been defined in a way that tests candidates’ ability of reading, writing, listening and speaking. It helps to evaluate the general English Understanding of candidates while communicating with native English people.
Once you know how to play game, than it is a win-win situation for you. Candidate can plan according to their skills and win it as well.
In IELTS it is essential to understand what kind of skills you need with each question type.
Once you know the purpose, you know what to look out for in the passages or in the test.
There comes the requirement of IELTS Coaching Experts to assess your ability. We at Coaching Square, help many candidates to achieve their goals with comprehensive techniques to Crack the IELTS Exam.
We mainly focus on IELTS Exam Preparation methods that widely understood by most candidates. Bifurcating sets of people according to their understanding level, we proffer different alternative solutions that help them to grasp easily and to avoid unforced common mistakes in IELTS exam.
Join Online IELTS Coaching Class Now
Mostly Student Make Mistakes
Format Not Strategize
- While preparing for listening, most students opt to answer simultaneously during the audio continues to play. They, then unable to understand the meaning of the audio. Then it’s very hard to give correct answers.
- While preparing for reading, selection of the section which one to complete first, is also a source of contention. Ideally, questions in IELTS Exam gradually tend to increase the difficulty level. This means, answering section 4 first, may sometimes lead to a decrease in your confidence level and that you will not feel confident even in the easy tasks. Rather, go with the flow as the question set provides you.
- While preparing for writing, dedicating time to a specific task is also important. Students sometimes are unaware about which task they need to dedicate more time or even they consume more time to the task they feel Good About Writing. That leads to insufficient time for the remaining questions.
- While practicing for speaking, one to one practice, the specific length of speaking while answering different tasks and covering the desired content in speaking are also important.
Know More: Is it Possible to Get More than 7 Bands in IELTS Writing?
- Do not imitate native accent.
- Do not speak too fast or too slow. Maintain your natural fluency. Have some enthusiasm and energy while speaking.
- Pronunciation is more important while you speak. Pay attention to clearly speak what you mean to convey. Murmuring sound will not help the examiner to understand you at all.
- Create you vocabulary lists as per the Trending IELTS Essay Topics. Create 10-15 words for each topic and try to use it in your routine communication.
- The examiners are well trained to recognize formatted answers and predefined scripts.
- Do not use predefined template, rather try to develop real English speaking and writing skills.
- Please spare time to proofread your answers. Clerical errors like typo mistakes cost more. Instead of stretching writing task, try to finish it within required limit and focus on finding errors on what you wrote.
- Never leave any answer in your answer sheet blank!!
- Even though you’re unsure about the answer, it’s better to write something according to the text or question rather than nothing.
- There is higher chance of your answer getting correct even if you make a guess.
- You would not get negative mark for simply trying.
- Concentration on each task is bridge between you and your score. Especially when it comes to listening and speaking.
- Keep in mind that you understand everything before you respond.
- Do not try to give predefined answers while you’re preparing for the exam. Memorized answers could not get higher points.
Write the Answers
- In IELTS for listening and reading, it is essential to write the answers in between the lines to avoid errors if you have not clear handwriting.
- IELTS writing requires to put at least 150 words for task 1 and 250 words for task 2.
- If you follow all capital letters answer trick to minimize errors, then make sure that you do it for all of your answers in listening or in reading.
Coherence and Cohesion
Get Enrolled for Online IELTS Coaching Classes
- Coherence provides a glance of the process of your writing. It depicts how well you organised your essay with logically sequenced ideas.
- While you write an essay, your initial motive is to express your ideas flawlessly so that it can be easily understood while reading it.
- Cohesion represents how well you used linking words which can help you to connect ideas. It also relates to how sentences are linked together to form a paragraph.
Misunderstanding the Question
- Frequently students are making mistakes for IELTS Writing Task1 to understand the layout and overviews of the task and brainstorming data.
- The biggest con for task 2 writing is misunderstanding the question and writing off track.
- Apart from defining subject, students do not understand topic and write different answer for the writing task 2.
- Writing should be covering all aspect of given question or else you would end up having a very low score despite all other elements of your writing tasks are correct.
Important Tips for Exam
- Check if your headphones are properly working or not
- Organized your time with prediction
- Try to utilized your reading time wisely in listening
- If you can finished reading within 50 min.
- Develop your vocabulary
- Refer back to the modal answers and develop your flow
- Proofread your answers every time
Know More: Essential Tips to Secure a High Band in Your IELTS Exam
To recapitulate, don’t be hesitating to clear your mistake and rectify it. For this, you might need a mentor service. Please opt for IELTS Coaching to assess your skills. Engage yourself with practice test along with regular full length test. You should at least perform 5 full length mock tests to acquaint yourself with time management aspect of the IELTS Exam.
Check Your Eligibility for Free