Canada Flights with Omicron, has Taken Significant Steps
The effects of COVID – 19 seemed diminishing everywhere when the sudden hit of the Omicron variant changed the entire picture. On November 26, 2021, the new COVID variant was discovered, The unexpected introduction of this new variant left the entire world in a state of shock. As plenty of countries have already found the cases of Omicron, the governments are not in the position to take any risk. It’s time for them to be careful and take essential steps. Canada is also on the list of the countries where the positive cases of Omicron have been found, hence, the government of Canada came into action.
Steps Taken by the Canadian Government to Combat Omicron Variant
The Canadian government is adopting many protective measures to lessen the likelihood of COVID – 19 outbreak in the country. In the chain, the country has declared several border measures as well. Let’s discover some of them.
- The country banned travel from many African countries which include
- South Africa
- Foreign citizens who visited any of the above-mentioned countries in the previous 14 days will not be allowed to enter into Canadian borders.
- The Canadian citizens and Canada PRs who visited any of the countries listed above in the past 14 days will have to
- Get a valid negative COVID-19 test report in the visited country within 72 hours of leaving before continuing their travel to Canada.
- Regardless of vaccination status or past medical records of COVID-19 positive testing, the COVID test is required upon arrival in Canada.
- Furthermore, travellers must undergo a COVID test on the eighth day after landing, as well as after completing the 14-day quarantine period.
- All entrants must be quarantined in a specific area till their test results are obtained. They will be permitted to roam only after receiving a negative test report.
- Regarding Canada PRs and Canada Study Visas, the country has made no special announcements. However, the aspirants who come from the above-mentioned nations must adhere to the specified rules.
Measures Inside the Country
- Officials have enhanced their inspection of the quarantine plan from the above-mentioned countries.
- Visitors will be closely monitored to confirm that they are strictly adhering to the applied quarantine measures.
- In addition, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is in touch with visitors who arrived Canada from the listed countries during past 14 days. The PHAC will track them down and demand them to be tested and quarantined till their reports are obtained.
- The Canadian government spent roughly $53 million in an Integrated Variants of Concern Strategy just few months ago to strengthen the efficiency to discover and monitor variants among confirmed cases.
- The Canadian government is also in frequent touch with the COVID Genomic Network, which is premised in the provinces and territories, as well as the Canadian Institute of Health Research, on surveillance, sequencing, and scientific efforts to identify the likely COVID – 19 virus variants of consideration.
- To transit inside or outside of Canada, the government has made vaccination mandatory.
- The COVID-19 molecular test is no longer accepted as an alternative to vaccination by the government. Only certain individuals who qualify for one of the travel restrictions, like those with a medical history or who have not received any vaccinations, are permitted to travel.
- To finish the provider’s approval process, passengers must get the appropriate documents from airlines or railway firms.
- The Canadian citizens and Canada PRs who leave and re-enter Canada by land or air within 72 hours of crossing the border are free from having pre-entry molecular testing results.
- Everybody, despite the visa status, is required to use the Canadian government’s COVID -19 mobile application and online login portal. The visitors must have to fill out the ArriveCAN form with all of their data.
- The candidates must also submit their evidence of vaccination in English and French languages as well as their quarantine schedule, before landing to Canada.
The outbreak of new COVID variant has left a bulk of the hopefuls in a new problem, majorly those who are looking for a Canada Study Visa or Canada PR. These candidates have been waiting for positive news for a long time, but their hopes are once again fading due to the foreword of the new Omicron variant.
The new variant has begun to spread across the globe. The suspects have now been seen by a number of nations. Consequently Canada has rushed into gear, imposing stringent controls to control the transmission of infection.
So, if you are planning to migrate to Canada, probably you have to wait for some more time. Till then, stay in touch with our Canada Immigration Consultants to receive regular and timely updates!