Loyalist College Canada for September 2022 Intake
Foreign citizens are often confused about the best college to choose for Study in Canada. Selection of a suitable program from a recognized University is a challenging task. But, with the opening of September intake 2022 in Loyalist College, Canada, it is possible to pursue your dream of getting a Canadian student visa. Loyalist college at Belleville has a long history of providing the best education.
More About Loyalist College, Belleville Campus
Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, Loyalist College was opened in 1967 in a local high school. In 1969, Ontario Minister of Education at the time, William G. Davis, set off the start construction of Loyalist’ main Kente Building with a grand opening ceremony. The college offers more than 60 full-time programs, online and distance learning classes, in-class facilities, and apprenticeships. It offers undergraduate degrees, diploma, graduate, and post-graduate certificates in Applied Arts and Technology.
What it Offers
- Personal, friendly College, two hours east of Toronto
- Small class sizes
- Residence on campus as well as many off-campus housing options
- International student scholarships
- Programs starting in September, January, and May
- University transfer agreements (diploma at Loyalist to a degree at a partner university)
- Placement opportunities as well as applied learning opportunities
- Fast-track options – finish your diploma faster!
- Opportunities to work on and off-campus
How To Apply
International students can now apply directly to Loyalist College via ontariocolleges.ca International Application Service (IAS). Following are the steps to make an application:
Step1: Create an account on the portal
First, create a new account on ontariocolleges.ca International Application Service (IAS) portal.
Step 2: Choose the program and upload the required documents.
Applicants can pick the program they wish to study at the Loyalist College. Applicants are required to provide the following documents for review:
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Original /Certified Marksheets and Degree certificate
- Original/certified and translated (if applicable) copies of the applicant’s secondary/post-secondary transcripts or equivalent
Step 3:Pay the application fee
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable fee of $100 to Flywire.
Step 4:Submit the application.
Once the application fees are paid via Flywire, it is essential to return to the IAS portal and click SUBMIT to complete the application.
Step 5:Download LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
Applicants can now download their LOA.
Note: LOA is a mandatory document for the visa application.
Step 6: Pay the tuition fee and download the receipt
Applicants will need to confirm their letter of acceptance and pay their tuition fees by the deadline indicated in their LOA. Missing payment deadlines may result in loss of admission.
Step 7: Apply for a Canada Student visa/study permit
Applicants should contact their nearest Canadian embassy to begin the process of getting a Canada Study Visa once they accept the offer letter.
Language Proficiency Requirements
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST||CERTIFICATE/DIPLOMA/
ADVANCED DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
|POST-GRADUATE /FAST-TRACK PROGRAMS|
|TOFEL||550 (paper-based test)
80 (iBT internet-based test with minimum of 20)
|560 (paper-based test)
84 (iBT internet-based test) with minimum of 21
|IELTS||6.0 overall with no bands less than 6.0 (under SDS)
6.0 overall with one band at 5.5 (generic category)
6.5 overall with no bands less than 6.0*
|6.5 overall with no bands less than 6.0
Care of Vulnerable Populations Program:
7.0 overall with no bands less than 6.5**.0 in each section
|PTE Academic||Overall 54||Overall 60|
|CAEL(Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)||Overall band of 60, writing 60||Overall band of 70, writing 60|
|Duolingo English Test||95 – 100
105 – 110 (equivalent to IELTS 6.5)
115 – 120 (equivalent to IELTS 7.0)
|105 – 110 (equivalent to IELTS 6.5)|
*For the following programs: Early Childhood Education, Developmental Services Worker, Fitness and Health Promotion, Recreation & Leisure Services – Sports
For admissions at Loyalist College, international applicants must provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) (Grade 12), along with transcripts from post-secondary education (if applicable).
The following certificates are acceptable from Indian applicants for admission:
- 10 + 2 with marks over 50%, bachelors – less than eight backlogs
Postgraduate Program Admissions:
- Must submit proof of degree certificate/ mark sheet of study completed in a related field along with transcript.
- Must be graduated with second class or above
International Tuition and Student Fees
Total fees for standard two semesters for fall intake is $16,468.50 CAN.
Ancillary Fees: $1536
Health Insurance (Mandatory): $600
Note: Fees are subject to change.
Courses at Loyalist College:
- Advertising and Marketing Communication- Creative Design(ACDJ)
- Film and Television Production-Interactive Media Development(TVAS)
- Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training (PFCJ) new
- Social Service Worker (SSWP/SSWA)
- Supply Chain Management -GLobal Logistics(LOGS)
Post-Graduate Certificate Programs at Loyalist College
|Programs||Intake Sessions||Admission Requirements|
|Cannabis Applied Science||September Entry||A degree or diploma from another college or university with 8 separate semester-long theory courses
And 6 separate semester-long lab courses in chemistry and biology
|Care of Vulnerable Populations||September Entry||Completion of a post-secondary certificate, diploma, advanced diploma or degree in Nursing or Social service worker or social worker, etc.
Standard First Aid, Level “C” CPR certification; Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
|Global Business Management||September Entry||A diploma or degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university or equivalent.|
|Human Resources Management||September and January Entry||A diploma or degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university.|
Other Benefits and Perks
- Program work placement and hands-on experience.
- Scholarships for students from ASIAN countries
- Students at Loyalist College get access to biosciences labs, a Digital media center, fitness center, health center, dining hall, library, spa, and campus bookstore.
- Students will also benefit from the counseling and mentoring services from caring, staff and faculty members.
Loyalist College, located between Belleville and Quinte West, Prince Edward County, is a unique place that combines the convenience of big-city living with small-town warmth. While studying at the college, you will explore local museums rich in culture and many art galleries. You will get an opportunity to tour the local orchards and vineyards.
On top of all these is a supportive learning environment that will help you grow as an individual. If you also want to enjoy Canada’s beautiful destinations with the best educational experience, enroll yourself in Loyalist college’s September 2022 intake program. Contact our team for more information on Canada Study Visa.