Australia Declares Relaxation for Offshore Temporary Graduate Visa Holders
After waiting a long time, finally, the offshore immigrants have got a piece of good news from the Australia immigration department. The step-wise announcements made by the Australian government during last months are as follows
- In late September, South Australia approved seventy new occupations for offshore immigrants.
- At the beginning of October, the NSW pilot plan has been launched by New South Wales. The plan is intended to help international students striving to Study in Australia.
- Then in the same month, the news stating the opening of Australian borders was come by the Australian Prime Minister.
- Then, one more pleasing news hit the community – international students and skilled workers will be allowed to travel to Australia from Dec 1.
- Now, another great news has arrived to bring delight among the international students. The minister of Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services, and Multicultural Affairs, Alex Hawke has issued a media statement delightful to nearly thirty thousand offshore international students.
Gratifying News by Australia Immigration
The Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs, Hon Alex Hawke has announced the modification of COVID-19 guidelines for offshore temporary graduate visa holders. Let’s discover the highlights of the declaration
- The temporary graduate visa holders (subclass 485) who were unable to cross Australian borders because of COVID-19 can request a replacement visa now.
- The facility is for both past and present temporary graduate visa holders (subclass 485). However, the candidates whose visas terminated on or after Feb 1, 2020, can expect a few changes.
- As per the usual scenario, the temporary graduate visa (subclass 485) can be requested only once. The other visas can be requested based on the study or work requirements of the applicants. Since now, the aspirants will be permitted to stay as if the original visa has been issued.
- The alterations are expected to give benefits to approximately 30,000 temporary graduate visa holders. The candidates who suffered because of the restrictions can now apply for a fresh subclass 485 visa.
- The temporary graduate visa holders who are fully vaccinated will now be able to travel to Australia from December 1, 2021.
- The students whose visa has been terminated can request a replacement visa from July 1, 2022.
Delights for Master Graduates
- Those temporary graduate visa holders (subclass 485) who have completed their masters from Canada can expect extra benefits when it comes to their stay period in Canada. Also, the candidates who hold a temporary graduate visa (subclass 485) and made an application for the graduate work stream will be benefited in terms of an increase in the stay period.
- Also, the Australia Immigration department has eliminated the Skill Occupations List requirement for the students who are seeking the nomination.
- The decision of increasing the stay period will be executed from December 1, 2021, and the skilled occupation list requirement elimination will be practicable from July 1, 2022.
Intents of Australia Immigration Department Behind Making the Imperative Changes
The government of Australia has made important changes to satisfy some fundamental purposes. Let’s explore what are these
- Mr. Hawke has made the statement “The government understands the importance of international student community for the country’s economy development”. Therefore, the government of Australia is ready to invite fully vaccinated students and temporary graduate visa holders from December 1, 2021.
- The meaningful changes made by the Australia Immigration will bring new confidence amongst the international students who are willing to study in Australia for a long time. Consequently, Australia will turn into one of the most preferred choices to study, work and settle abroad once again.
The notable points of the latest declaration can be discovered below
- The facility is specifically for offshore temporary graduate visa holders.
- The temporary graduate visa holders (subclass 485) can request a replacement visa provided their visas are terminating on or after February 1, 2020.
- The temporary graduate visa holders (subclass 485) are allowed to enter Australia from December 1, 2021.
- Nearly 30,000 temporary graduate visa holders will be profited by the alterations.
- From December 1, 2021, the stay duration for Master by Coursework graduates will change from 2 to 3 years.
- The stay duration for graduate work stream temporary graduate visa holders (subclass 485) will shift from 18 to 24 months.
- For students, the requirements of skill occupation list will be excluded from July 1, 2022, to get the nomination.