Useful Tips to Crack a PTE Speaking Module
What are the simple tips and tricks for filling in the blanks task in PTE Reading and Writing? This is the common question asked by PTE test takers who Want to Get the Desired score in the PTE Exam. In this article, we will provide a solution to your problems by explaining how to master the fill-in-the-blanks task for PTE reading and writing.
Fill in the blanks for PTE reading accesses your grammatical skills and content relatability. You can instantly fill in the gaps with the right answers if you have the correct English language basics and practical time-management skills. Candidates should also improve their grammar and vocabulary to excel in the PTE Reading Test.
This task will assess your ability to read and make the best use of collocations. Candidates will be presented with a 100 to 300 words paragraph on general topics. There are 5-6 questions, and they will contribute to both reading and writing.
You will get one point for the correct answer, and there is no negative marking in this task. So, try to attempt each question. Candidates should not spend more than 1.5-2 minutes for each question as the question types in the Reading Test are not timed separately.
Although, this task consumes more of your time if you do not follow the right approach. Also, the reading task requires sound knowledge of English vocabulary.
Let us see the practical strategies to help you answer fill-in-the-blank questions in PTE Reading.
1) Use Elimination Strategy Eliminate all the options that do not make sense in the given context. Take a look at each option one after another and check if it fits the sentence. Eliminate all the options that are not suitable for the given space.
2) Attempt all the Questions Do not miss the opportunity to score even if you are unsure about it. Make a logical prediction for such questions.
3) Re-Check the Answers to identify errors and correct them immediately.
4) Expand Your Vocabulary Range the English language has many similar words. Fill in the blanks task demands a good knowledge of synonyms and antonyms for certain words.
5) Grammar is as Essential as vocabulary for any language. Concentrate on your grammatical accuracy, and learn the fundamentals of the English Language. Learn if the word is a noun/adjective/verb and know the basics of word arrangement, i.e., subject + verb + object.
Use proper articles(a/an/the) for an object. Make the use of “s” at the end of a word to describe the plural form, i.e., if there are two cats, “s” is placed at the end of “cat” to describe the plural form.
6) Candidates should select the answer that best fits the context and adds meaning to the sentence. Select the option that is relevant to the topic of the passage.
7) Use mock test practice materials and expose yourself to various difficulty levels. Practising before the test will prepare you to give a clear Idea About the Reading Test. Daily habits of reading newspapers, academic articles, and e-books will make it simpler for you to answer these question types. Also, ensure that you identify your weaknesses during your practice tests and try to work on them for better results in the final examination.
PTE Exam has been widely taken by candidates all across the world. Fill in the blanks section in the PTE Reading test is an important task that contributes to reading and writing scores. Hence, thorough practice for these question types is desirable for a Remarkable PTE Exam Score.
Fill in the blanks for reading and writing will be much easier if you expand your range of vocabulary and grammar. The use of appropriate collocations will also drastically Increase your PTE Reading Score. Candidates appearing for the PTE Exam should brush up on their reading skills before the test day.